Thursday, February 09, 2006

She rises!

After three days of battling a horrid cold, strangely last night, after a couple of glasses of wine, I suddenly started feeling a lot better. So when Mr lulu got up this morning to go down to the park for his return to SWEAT I decided to go with him.

I walked for about 500 metres and was passed by the SWEAT group heading off to do a few laps fo Wild Wally and the I started running. My knee didn't feel great at the start and after about a km I stopped and walked again. When I started running again it felt fine so I carried on. Once I'd done a lap of the park I stopped at the McKay Oval and got my water out of the car and then did another 4 laps of the oval to take my total run up to 4km. A small improvement on Sunday's run and I could have carried on except my chest was starting to really wheeze and I was feeling quite tired. Tired after 4km.... it's going to take me a while to get my endurance back! Still at least it was a run and with limited knee pain so things are looking up.

I had a chat to Sean and the SWEATers when they came back from Wild Wally and Sean was checking what exercises I have been doing for my knee. He suggested a couple of other things I could do so I'll see how they feel too.

I'll go off to Pilates today and then back to Aqua Satan in the morning so hopefully that is the end of illness and injury for the rest of the year.

I'm going to take my race schedule off the side bar as I'm not likely to do anything in the next few months. I put it back up once I'm back training solidly and I can plan a race or two.

11 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I know it will come back but being patient is hard work :-). And it's so much easier to encourage others but fell down yourself. Just keep plugging away Lulu - it can only improve.

TA

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Great news Lulu you are the lurgy recovery queen!

I wouldn't worry about the endurance - get rid of the crap off those lungs and it will be back in no time ;-)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

That's a bit freaky Lulu, you show us that picture and then after three days you rise!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Yes, lets hope that its the end of injury and illness for you. Fingers crossed that you can ease your way back into normal training real soon.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Katie said...

She's ALIVE!!! It was great to see you and great to see steve back running! You just keep that chin up... you will get there!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hope you're feeling much better - its not nice having a cold in summer.

At least you're running - that's a good sigh. Doesn't matter how far you run or for how long - baby steps!

You're right about the Fantales - the reason I have had no Fantales today is because there aren't any left! Only Sherbies, Milkshakes and Minties!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Dr Don's impressed with the wine prescription. You'll be back in no time.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Dr Don has just read 2P's blog.
Trust me, I am a lawyer!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hi Lulu,
Sorry to hear you have been feeling rubbish. Sounds like you are a pretty resilient sort though :)
I hope to see you round Centennial Park soon but suspect I will be waaay to slow for you!

E

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing what a couple of glasses of good red can do! Glad to hear you're feeling better, Lulu; take care with your knee problem & endurance will look after itself!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Glad you are feeleing better Lulu! Take it easy with the come back please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home