Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sweaty and disappointed

I walked up to Queen's Park with Mr lulu who then sprinted off into the distance and I started my plod around the park. As I reached the Centennial Park end I heard my name being called and there was the lovely Kit and companion who were just reaching the end of their 30 km run! I ran with them back to the play area where Deanne and her companion were already stretching and drinking coke. I wished I had just finished a 30 km run but that seems somewhat unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I managed a massive 3.7km before my knee decided to complain. I was tempted to keep going but thought that it was stoopid to undo the work I'd done. Actually this seemed to be in a differnet place and more itb related. Either way best to stop I suppose. I'm disappointed that I seem to be going backwards at the moment and not making much progress. One consolation is that at least generally the knee feels better and doesn't ache when I'm walking around as it did a month ago so I suppose that's something.

I'm also disappointed that for the second week in a row I haven't lost any weight. This is usual pattern I have found when I've tried to lose weight over the last few years. A few kilos come off easily and then nothing else despite sticking very well to my eating programme and keeping up some good exercise this week. Hopefully this week they'll be some progress in both the knee and the weight loss. I'm picking up my prescription from Dr Ludka's apothecary on Weds so hopefully this will get my thyroid up and running as it should be and I'll have a bit more energy

Summary of week 4:
Sunday and Monday: nothing :)
Tuesday Pilates and 5.5km run
Weds Aqua Satan, Weights and Spin class
Thursday 4km run and Pilates
Friday Aqua Satan
Saturday Pilates and Spin

Weight loss 0 (2kgs)
Week 5 plan
Sunday Run 3.7km (tick)
Monday: am Aqua Satan; pm weights and cardio
Tuesday: Run and Pilates
Weds: am Water run; pm Weights and spin
Thurs: Run and Pilates
Fri: am Aqua Satan and pm Pilates mat class
Sat: Water run or spin class or run depending on knee.

5 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Sometimes, it's just not fair. Running can be very fickle, like men.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Lulu on a positive note, you were looking good when we saw you and finally caught you! I am sorry about the knee... but being the smart girl you are you did the right thing to stop. Don't be too ahrd on your self about thte weight... that thyroid will be making it near impossible. Once you get it sorted you won't know yourself! Damm bodies... letting the team down!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Don't be disappointed, stopping was the best thing you could have done. I've seen many proud posts on CR saying 'I've never DNFed' but I don't belong to this category, and I'm proud about that too.

We're all slightly different so you can only measure your progress against what you are up to at the moment. I've been injured for months and it's a nasty place to be, but if you're sensible about it, like you're being, you only need to be patient, and you'll be able to run for longer soon enough.

Keep at it, and stop where you need to. :)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Chin up Lulu. Things will turn for the good very soon. I can feel it in my shins. :)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Cheer up mate - weight loss generally happens in cycles and compared to a month ago it does seem like your knee is getting better - stick with it lulu ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home