Sunday, January 22, 2006

A weekend in the water

I decided to spend the weekend doing deep water running rather than land running. I'm travelling again next week and there's not many pools in Bordertown so I thought I would save my land running quota to this week.

So the weekend went:

Saturday: AM Pilates GRC class; felt very weak and wussy this morning!
PM late afternoon water running session down at Clovelly.
10 mins warm up
Intervals of 2.5 mins hard 30 secs rest X 8
10 mins cooldown. A total of about 40 mins
Then I had a nice snorkel with Mr lulu.

Sunday
Went to Bondi Icebergs as Mr lulu was having a massage. I got in the slow lane and did a lap to warm up, which took me about 4.5 mins. Then I did another 7 laps at a good steady pace and having a quick breather at each end of the pool.
Felt pretty good afterwards and had a bit of sunbathe too. Managed to get burned on my back depsite wearing a tee shirt in the water. I think it was walking to the pool that did it! Hope Mr lulu doesn't notice otherwise I'll be in big trouble later!

Week in review:

Didn't do everything that I had on my programme this week but managed to do something most days. I was a bit ambitious with last week's plan I think! Plus I was feeling decidely unmotivated and tired for most of the week so it's not a bad effort!

Monday Aqua and Pilates
Tuesday: nothing, nada!
Weds Aqua Satan
Thurs: run 30 mins!
Fri: Aqua Satan
Sat: Water running 40 mins and Pilates
Sun: Water running 30 mins

Weight loss .5kg (total lost 2kgs)

Week 3
This is going to be a bit more tricky this week and I'm not likely to get a trip to the gym in either, so I'll have to do some Pilates stuff on my own this week or suffer when I go back!

Monday; Run 30 mins
Tuesday: Aqua Satan
Weds: Run 30 mins or longer if knee is OK (Bordertown)
Thursday: Water running (Albury)
Friday, Sat and Sunday: Run or water running depending on knee (Albury)

10 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good time of year to be in the water Lulu!

Well done on the weight loss.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Sounds very european and english - sunbathing.
If Mr Lulu gives you grief, go for the rolling pin again.
Looking forward to the nightlife blog reports from albury and bordertown.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Congrats with how you're progressing Lulu, and yeah, good to save up on that land running. :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

It's good now you have the choice of water if the land is not suitable. I will probably take you up on your offer but not for a week or two. Congrats on the steady weight loss.

TA

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You will be getting web feet soon lulu :-)

Good to save up your land running - you may need it in the badlands of Bordertown!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Looking at your week in review, I'd say you did plenty. Hope the knee isn't giving you too much grief - those water exercises sound challenging, especially those squates. I have enough problems doing them on land!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Hope you enjoy Albury Lulu. We have friends on a property down there and always enjoy the stay.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger miners said...

you know, I wonder if they have ever held some water-running championships? You're getting a good headstart on all of us.

Hope the knee keeps behaving itself :)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Katie said...

A weekend in the pool you must look like a prune!! Keep it up :-)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Prune face!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home