Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Running and Pilates

A much cooler morning for running this morning and so my UK visitor, Jon, and I went off for a 40min trot around the lake in Centennial Park. It's always easier running with someone else as it takes you mind off the pain and my legs seem to have remembered what running is again now so I enjoyed today's run much more than the last one.

We did my 40min loop course which is 6.2km and we raced down the hill back to home just to see what the knee thought about that. Not too bad is the verdict but I did feel my knee more than I did the last time, but it seems to be on the other side of my knee now. I'm trying to get a physio appointment and hopefully I'll be able to see someone in the next few days.

After a quick brekkie I dropped Mr lulu and Jon at the SCG for a day at the cricket while I went to the gym for a quick Pilates class. Knee feels better after some more stretching and strengthening.

I'll have a couple of days not running again now and do a SPIN class and weights tomorrow I think and cardio and Pilates on Friday.. that's the plan anyway!

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I hope you get your knee sorted out quickly so we can resume our weekly long runs!

Got time for a swim in that program this week ?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you out running again Lulu. Hope that knee starts to behave itself.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Pero que calor hace en Australia!! Ustedes si que son unos corredores de corazon.

Excelente comienzo de año!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

That's great to hear the knee isn't troubling you so much Lulu.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to have a visitor who likes running.

I'd prefer pilates to the cricket too.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm impressed that you were out running fairly early on Sunday morning! What did you do NYE?

I went to the gym this afternoon for my lower body weights session and ab exercises - it was a bit easier than last week when I made it back to the gym for the first time in about a month.

Reading through your Best of 2005 and Plans for 2006 has inspired me to think about what I want to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home