Monday, December 19, 2005

In the gym

Today is day one of my two week cross training and knee strengthening programme. I'm hoping that two weeks will be enough for my patellar tendinitis to recover and for me to get my right glute firing, strengthened and stretched and my VMO strengthened.

I was feeling a bit tired today after all the excitement of yesterdays run, CR lunch and then a party in the evening. Fortunately I didn't drink anything or eat very much in the evening so I didn't feel too bad this morning.

Activities:
Bike: 30 mins; 250 cals (Need to do a long time on the bike to burn as many cals as running)
Elliptical runner 20 mins and 200 cals. Included 5 mins going backwards which is good for quads and glute strengthening.
Leg extensions 3 sets 15 @26kgs
Pilates GRC class including lots of glute and leg stuff.

Quite tired now and need a sleep but sadly have lots of pre-Chrissie work to do.
It will be a rest day tomorrow as I've got to go up to Brissie again for another flying visit. In Jan I hope to go up for a couple of days so I can catch up with the CRs up there, if they haven't all gone away for their hols!

6 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

I hope you enjoy your cross training over the next two weeks Lulu.

Merry Xmas & HNY to you and WTR. :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Hope your cross training works out well, I totally forgot about the elliptical trainers the gyms have, might have to give them a crack myself. So thanks for reminding me.

Good workout today, not surprising that your tired. Time to relax. Enjoy your 'sort of' rest day tomorrow.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Such a wise gal you are :-)

I'm sure that two weeks off the road will be just what your body needs right now. Next week is going to be a big year for both of us :-)

J xx

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Yay, a couple of days in Bris-vegas! You MUST bring your running gear.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Enjoy the gym Lulu.... you can build your upper body :-)

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

After a 2 minute PB you can take it easy now on the track, but need to work on your cab sav endurance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home