Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pool and Pilates

I haven't been swimming for a nearly two weeks so as this was a running rest day I headed down to the gym pool. I decided just to swim today with no drills and hence sans fins! After doing 100ms warm up I set off on my 15 mins time trial. Looking back in my blog last time I did this it took me 16.25 mins to swim 500ms. Today it took me 15 mins exactly, so since I've been doing my drills and swim practice I've dropped my 500 m time by 85 secs which is not too bad, and has given me some encouragement to keep on with the drills.

After doing a couple of laps with the kickboard (hard work) and then another couple of 100 metres I headed to the steam room, a quick shower and into a pilates mat class. This was hard work this morning as she did lots of strength work for the shoulders and I think my shoulders were already a bit fatigued from swimming, either that or I've lost my upper body strength in the week I didn't do pilates.

Felt pretty good after all that although I'm still feeling a bit tired generally. I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling enthusiastic about getting out of bed and not wanting to just roll over and go back to sleep. Sometime before I caught the lurgy I suspect. Fortunately, Mr lulu is good at getting me up and I also know that I won't feel any better for staying in bed so I'm plodding on. Back to SWEAT fartlek in the morning for my last hit out before Sunday's race.

8 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wow that is a big improvement lulu. I'd still be in the pool!

I think it is that time of year for just feeling generally tired.

Steam room sounds nice :-)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger miners said...

Great to see how well the swimming is coming along for you lulu - and it sounds like you've had as a good a preparation as you could hope for your run down south.

Best of luck with everything down there - including the BBQ!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Oohh - I've never thought of timing my swimming before - shall have to give that a go (though I know my times'll be way longer than yours!) Good stuff!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Triathlete in the making.
You'll be passing on tips to Mark P. at training soon.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Katie said...

What an excellent improvement in the pool!!! I am very excited for you... I can't believe Sunday is the big race! You and I can take it easy tommorow!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Gosh, I didn't realise people did TT's in the pool!

Well done on the improvement. And on being motivated enough to do more than one type of workout a day. Hard as I try I still haven't managed to do that.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Maybe you need to visit Lorna's "Dr Quack". Sounds like she checks you out thoroughly.

Have a great time in Melbourne. Enjoy the race and the company.

TA

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Espero que puedas sentir esa emocion al despertar, es un gran incentivo para iniciar el ejercicio. Debe ser porque estas confiada en la voluntad de tu esposo. Eso esta bien.

Que bien esta eso de mejorar los tiempos hasta en la natacion, si que eres una gran deportista!!! Esas ya son palabras mayores para mi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home