Saturday, November 26, 2005

Three day update

Blogging absence due to having to do more work than usual; bit of a shock to the system! However, I have been plodding along in the meantime, although Thursday became a second rest day. We had a CR dinner gathering to celebrate Jen_runs engagement and to wish Owly 'bon voyage' for her trup to England and with Mr Lulu demonstrating his cooking expertise and doing man talk with Don Juan there wasn't much for me to do except drink french champagne and put my feet up. Consequently when Thursday morning came along and Wild Wally and the Don were waiting for me I stayed under the doona. Instead I had coffee with Owly who was still passed out on the sofa ;) Only joking, she was under the doona in the spare room.

Friday, I was a bit better behaved and I managed a quick 4kms on a hilly course to make up for missing Wild Wally yesterday.

Saturday I was a very well behaved and although feeling decidly unmotivated and a bit tired I eventually got up at 7am and headed towards the park. This session on my programme was an hour with 20mins hard in the middle. I headed down to Centennial Park and did the outside loop. I was at the top of the York Road hill after 20 mins so I had a quick stretch and then set out on my hard 20 mins. This was cunning planning as I knew some of my hard section would be down hill! I started off relatively easily and tried to build into the 20 mins splits here were 5.45, 5.15 and 5.20 and I nearly made it to 4km before running out of puff and the 2o mins was up. Then I did a relaxed 20 mins back to the house, getting around the park and back in under an hour. That is the quickest I have ever done that route as I'm normally just over an hour and when I'm feeling very slow it can take an hour and 10 mins.

This has made me feel a lot better about my race next weekend, as I was beginning to think I would be struggling to run under my current 10km time of 60 mins and a few seconds. I think that was why I was feeling so demotivated this week, that I was doing quite a lot of work and not getting anywhere but now I feel that I am getting back to where I was before I was sick.

Tomorrow is a long run of 2hrs on the programme and I'll try and do about 90-100 mins at least.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Enjoy your long run. It looks like I might be swimming all 3 legs of the triathlon tomorrow - its very very wet here. The thought of Tim Tam icecream tomorrow evening will motivate me in the event! ie the harder I work, the more I can eat!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Excuse the man talk, but what a cunning stunt, starting the tempo run at the top of the York Street hill.

As the tempo runs increase in time, join me there next week going down to Coogee Beach.

Good to see the times come down. Knew it all the time.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Go Lulu!!! Sounds like you were flying :) I cant wait to get back to training to chase you!!

Don't talk yourself out of your race... you will be fantastic!!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Hope you enjoy your long one tomorrow Lulu. Hope I get to see you and Mr Lulu next Sunday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home