Tuesday, November 15, 2005

600s and 300s

I had a rest day yesterday and went to Pilates. I hadn't been to Pilates for a week and my abs knew they'd been given a good workout after the session. Felt great!

Sean has changed our SWEAT days to Tuesday and Thursdays. Not many people were turning up for his Monday sessions and so he has decided to just do 2 SWEATs a week. Tuesdays are going to be intervals and Thursdays will vary between hill reps and fartlek.

Today was intervals and I just wanted to get my legs moving after a few easy runs, rather than flogging myself, as I'm still not 100%.

The session was 4 x600s and then 4x300s. I did 3 x600s and 3x300s which was interesting! Sean's instructions were to try and do each one quicker than the last. Well I managed it for two and then lost the plot. More mental than physical although having gunk in you chest probably doesn't help.. Got it all moving though; probably more information than you wanted there!

600s were 3.09, 3.02, and then 3.14 300s were at least consistent but a little slower than last time I did them. 1.33, 1.33, --1.33. Mr Lulu had to pull the pin after 3 as he has a niggle in his achilles and didn't want to make it any worse. (Edited to correct the times. Thanks to SF for pointing that out. Even I don't run 300m that slowly!

All in all not a bad session and at least I feel as if some of the cobwebs have been blown away. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day so I'll probably swim.

5 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that your session went ok Lulu. Hopefully another day of rest and you'll be back flying as per usual.

J

PS Hope Mr Lulu's achilles is ok

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger miners said...

You got all the gunk moving, or were you talking about your legs again? Hope you're over the lurgy sooner rather than later L

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I haven't done Pilates for soooo long. I think I must revisit it one day. BTW nice consistent 300's.

TA

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to have you back at training.

Mr lulu always looks happier when you're at training too.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Good going Lulu, I am assuming that the 3.33s for the 300s was actually 1.33. I always dread lining up for intervals but always feel so much better for it when they are done. Keep at em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home