Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A sort of rest day!

Well I made 8 days in a row of running before needing a rest! That is well and truly a record for me as previously I have only ever done 3 in a row. Fortunately looking at my programme for the next few weeks that particular pattern doesn't appear again.. mainly 4 and 6 days. My hip is a lot better today after copious amounts of rolling pin and tennis ball action.. But taking the advice of the wise bloggers I am having a couple of days off to make sure it has recovered. Definitely a case of the tight glutes again I think. My self diagnosis is that the right side is a bit weaker and it gets fatigued and tightens up causing the pain in the hip. I must be a bit more devoted to the glute strengthening exercises.

So this morning Mr Lulu went to SWEAT and did 10 x400m reps, chasing Don Juan around the track, and I stayed at home, had a nice cup of tea, did some stretching and strengthening and made an early start on work.

Lunchtime exercise: Advanced Pilates Reformer class. Quite tough today and my weak right side glutes showed themselves in one particular exercise. That's all for today but tomorrow I'll swim and then hopefully I'll be able to SWEAT on Friday.

Mr Lulu has been screen tested to appear in the latest New Balance advertisment. He was talent spotted when he was out for his run on the coast path on Sunday and was called back today for another screen test. It was quite funny last night when we were trying to decide which pair of runnign shorts and singlet he should wear. I recommended the New Balance singlet as being politically correct! Apparently they made him run around the tennis courts and then interviewed him, asking him about why he runs, when has it been really tough and has he ever felt like giving up...now he awaits the phone call to see if he's made the cut.. apparently the competition was pretty tough...

8 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger miners said...

oh wow - a star among our midst! And to think you're taking rest days with all these talent spotters about?

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Hope the rest days allow the hip a chance to settle down. I'm impressed with the 8 days in a row - surely that would mean a Lindt celebration with the girls :-).

Hope MR Lulu passes the test!

TA

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Celebrity Blogs - could be a TV show in it.

Congrats on the 8 days Lulu - be something to look back on with pride when you are reviewing your year.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Well I too was on the coastal path on Sunday - so they must have passed on me ! Hmph ! Anyway, I'm thinking that I am far more suited to the recent Nike ads. Running ugly ! :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

When I meet you one day I must remember you're Mrs NB.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger CJ said...

You live with a male model?! Wow!

What is the glute strengthening exercise you do - my R glute is a problem that won't go away.

Did I read somewhere that you guys are off to Lindt Cafe again this week? :-(

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Truth be told, I was following Mr Lulu most of the morning. He seems to have an extra spring in his step since he was talent spotted.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

So cool about Mr Lulu! Fingers crossed me makes the cut.

Like CJ I'm keen to hear what those glute strengthening exercises are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home