Monday, October 31, 2005

Wild Wally!

After Mr Lulu's birthday drinks yesterday afternoon I wasn't sure if we'd be too energetic this morning but we hopped out of bed and down to the park for a Monday SWEAT session. I haven't done a Monday SWEAT before and it's always hills. Today was circuits of a course that Sean calls Wild Wally. It's a fairly steep climb, then levels off and a nice downhill.

We did a few strides to warm up and then we were off. Mr L and DJ were doing 5 reps and I was doing 3. The first one I didn't take off too quickly up the hill but was still puffing away by the time I reached the top and then tried to pick it up down the hill. I jogged around while the others did another one and then Sean said for me to try and chase one of the others (Greg) up the hill. I gave it a good shot and was totally stuffed at the top and thought I was going to heave but I recovered on the flat and downhill. I didn't catch him but I improved this time by 15 seconds on the first circuit. It's that competitive gene again!

Then Sean said to try and do one with a short recovery.. I did but again was feeling a bit sick by the time I reached the top of the hill and this repeat was a lot slower.

3 reps: 3.53, 3.38 and 3.59.

A good way to start the week!

This week is another full on training week:
Monday: Wild Wally; done . Pilates GRC
Tues: easy 30mins run; Swim
Weds: Intervals 400m GRC advanced
Thursday: A rest day at last..won't know what to do with myself, maybe a swim.
Friday: Fartlek and a Pilates mat class
Sat: easy 25 mins and Swim
Sunday: 1hr 10 mins

I feel tired just thinking about it! There's also some talk of a trip to the Lindt cafe this week.. yum:)

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a tough session Lulu - but as yesterday clearly demonstrated, your SWEATing is certainly paying off. Well done!!

And with that heavy training schedule for the week, I think you will definitely need to refuel at the Lindt cafe this week ;-)

J.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Jen said...

PS I like your suggestion about next Sunday - the company would be greatly appreciated. We will actually have to try and listen to Garth this time though ;-)

J.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well done Lulu!!!
I love wild wally! It is damm hard work but you can make it more intense than Big Bertha because you get the rest in between! I am glad to hear you were heaving... I usually want to vomit or cry... sometimes both! Don't you hat how sean stand just there at the bottom " come on Lulu catch greg... high knees " haha
Cant wait to be back :)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Glad it wasn't you who I dared to beat my nice shiney new 10k pb. Somehow I think you would have smashed it. Lucky I only dared GG...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home