Monday, October 24, 2005

A trophy dinner and some splashing

We had dinner at our local Italian last night with Don Juan and he brought along the Cool Running team trophy that he picked up for us at the awards presentation, along with his own personal trophy. It proudly sat on our table as we celebrated with a nice bottle of rose and a bottle of red :) I felt a bit of a fraud as the only contribution I made was turning up and finishing, I'm good at the celebrating bit though. The first time I've ever been associated with anything like a prize for a sporting event so I enjoyed the novelty.

It's a rest day for me this today so I went down to the pool and did some more drills. About 600m plus a few laps to finish off. I think I'm improving so will have to do the 15min time trial again this week and see what it says.

Tomorrow I'm back to running and have on my programme 9 days in a row of short runs.. that will be interesting and any sign of any niggles and I'll be throwing in a few extra rest days.

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Nine days in row ? I wish your legs well. I doubt mine could handle that schedule.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jen said...

9 days in a row! Wow. That's huge but with your sensible approach to running, I'm sure you will do the right thing.

How cool to be a part of a winning team :-) So who has custody of the trophy ?

J.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A long time ago I was part of a team that one a third place category medal in the City to Surf. I was absolutely thrilled because I had a bronze medal with my name on it even though I was the last one in the team to cross the finish line.

Take your awards where you can because they don't come too often. It sounded like you did a great job in a tough run on a hot day.

Well done.

WT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home