Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ready, Steady...

After a very nice total rest day yesterday I headed out for the 30 mins easy run that was on my programme. Felt very strong and bounded up the road towards Queens Park, doing the first km in 5.35.. whoa there Lulu, better save that for tomorrow! This is probably one of the first times when I've actually been telling myself to slow down rather than speed up when I've been running.. what a novelty! Did about 4.4km in 28 mins with an average pace of 6.21/km in the end. I did lots of stretching and the only real niggle is that my itbs are still tight so I've stepped up the rolling pin action!

It's a bit humid out there and it could be quite hot tomorrow as the race doesn't start until 9.30.
Having lunch with the CR girls today, so I'll walk down to Clovelly for our 1pm date.. should be fun!

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm also racing - not quite sure what I've let myself in for with my race though! pretty sure it won't be hot or humid though!

Sounds like your running is really improving - doing well!!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Go Lulu go!!

It was great to catch up with you today. I think that the Lindt cafe would be a perfect place for us to celebrate tomorrow's PB - perhaps afteroon tea with a slice of Lindt chocolate tarte ;-)

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home