Wednesday, October 19, 2005

300's with the crew

Woke up feeling very tired and with the beginnings of a sore throat. I'm trying to pretend it's not there and that it's not going to interfere with my race plans for Sunday. Actually it felt better after my interval training so maybe I've found a new cure for sore throats! Or maybe it's because everything else was hurting more than the throat!

The speedy ones were doing 10x300 and I managed 8, not bad for me.

Times were relatively consistent although I lost it on number 6, but managed to pull it back a bit for the last two.

Times were 1.29, 1.30, 1.29 -- 1.30, 1.30, 1.37--1.34, 1.34 The good news is that looking back over my blog I've improved a bit on this distance. Last time I did them my times ranged from 1.34 up to 1.43.. that's progress and very satisfying to see. Still a long way from the times of Mr Lulu who's intervals were nice and even at around 57 secs. He has been running for 30 years so you'd expect him to be good at it by now :) He was very happy with his pacing this morning and no doubt in a few months he'll be giving Don Juan a real run for his money.

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow Lulu - your SWEATing is definitely paying off. That's it; I'm definitely coming over to join you and Kit at least once a week once I've finished the Half!!

J.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well done Lulu!!! It is sooo exciting when you see your times coming down! I was disapointed not to give these a go this mornining, but it would have been a recipee for disaster :) My hip feels better today and I am being cracked this afternoon, so I am hoping to be fine for Sunday!! I will give it a test run on Saturday! If not I will have to spur you on screaming from the sideline :) Either way PB here you come! ( I also find that my sore throats usually feel better after a run weird!)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to see you've passed your pace judgment onto Mr Lulu.

I was hoping he'll give me a real run for the money in a few days at Maroubra, looking forward to starting with Mr Lulu on Sunday. In a few months he'll be up there with Royworlds.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Nice one Lulu - your splits show great control (just curious, what happened in the 6th one - were you thinking of something else?)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger miners said...

Great run Lulu - everything's working so well for you! The long run, the 300s, the thorpedo-like thrashing in the pool...

BTW - I might have missed something, but what race plans do you have on Sunday? Maroubra, north shore, or something else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home