Thursday, October 06, 2005

ITB OK.. the rest of me a bit flat!

Following Dr DJs advice seems to be paying off as the itb is still a bit sore but not getting any worse and is probably even a bit better today. I decided to see how it would handle 40 mins and it seems OK.. the rest of me was having a bad day though and it seemed like I was working very hard to run v e r y s l o w l y. Not to worry I'm sure it will pass.. it normally does but I'm not expecting too much from tomorrow's fartlek in the park.

I did about 5.75km in 38 mins and then did lots of stretching and rolling! Just been to pilates and now I can relax...my exercise for the day is complete.. oh apart from some more stretching and rolling later on!

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Dr Jen prescribes a visit to the Lindt cafe sometime next week. I think a pain au chocolat wil be the perfect cure!

J.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger miners said...

Certainly hope you're on top of it Lulu. We don't want both you and Jen laid up at the same time.

Glad you're still able to do a bit of running - just take it easy won't you?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good to hear!!!
Keep up the rolling and stretching. I know what you mean about feeling flat... I seem to have cycles. I will feel great for weeks and then bang I am running in cement... usually lasts a few days and then I fell ok. I think it is just your body telling you your working hard. A bit of a sleep and something yummy always helps :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on loosing your tub of margarine too...well done.

I did a new funky excel spreadsheet at work today and figure, at the rate of a tub of marg a week, it will take me until the SMH Half marathon next year to get to my ideal weight. Yikes!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to read the itb is evaporating away. Dr Jen is also a fine practitioner with good advice.

If you think my treatments are good, former patients rave about my bed-side manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home