Sunday, October 02, 2005

Malabar Meander


A lovely Lebanese feast and an adequate, but not excessive, dose of wine at Tesso and the Owl's birthday party was the fuel for this morning's long run.

Garth, Mr Lulu and I set off on the route we did last weekend with the intention of going all the way to Malabar this time and a run of around 2 hours.

The first 30 mins was hard work but after that things improved and Mr Lulu headed off and I continued on my own along Anzac Parade. Mr Lulu came back to make sure I found the right turn off to find Malabar beach and then took off again. Once I arrived at Malabar I stopped and had a drink and 3 jelly beans for the return journey and set off. My new fuel belt is excellent and once I worked out what was the most comfortable position I hardly noticed I was wearing it. It's great to have the pocket at the back for keys, jelly beans and anything else I feel the need to take as well as two small drink bottles.

Once I'd turned around I noticed the wind... a nasty headwind was now in my face. It took me a few minutes to get back into my rhythm after the short stop but then I tried to keep up the pace on the way back, despite the wind and the uphill. Avoca Street didn't seem as hard this week and I ran all the way up without a break. Mr Lulu caught me at the top of the hill this time, but he didn't do that much more that me this week. I also passed Horrie who was looking very strong powering down Anzac Parade.

My legs were really tiring on the hills on the way back but I focused on keeping a good pace and lifting my knees more and this seemed to help a bit, but I was relieved to be back on our street and the final downhill to home. The profile from Garth shows a relatively consistent pace throughout the run which is good.

According to Garth I did 17.8km in 1hr 53mins, with an average pace of 6.21/km which is about the same as last week which is good considering I did an extra 25 mins. Once I uploaded the info to Motionbased though I got a different set of stats: 18.28kms in 1hr 54 mins and an av pace of 6.15/km. I'm not sure why there are two different sets of stats.. anyone else found this?

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Horrie said...

Nice to see you out our way Lulu. That is a good run. I think I saw Mr Lulu about a couple of minutes after I saw you. He was looking very strong.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hola Lulu, estuve leyendo algunos de tus comentarios anteriores y veo que eres una gran corredora!! Me siento como una hormiga a tu lado, verte debe ser un espectaculo. Eso si, no entiendo como alguien que gasta tanta energia, no tiene hambre, ojala que eso me pasara a mi.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

lulu

你 好,
我很高兴看看你跑步

 

Post a Comment

<< Home