Sunday, September 25, 2005

On the road with Mr Lulu

I had told Mr Lulu that I was a bit bored with my normal running routes around Centennial but didn't want to do the coast path because of the hills and the crowds, so he said he would take me on one of his routes that wasn't hilly. Well, I should know by now that Mr Lulu's definition of a flat run and mine are quite different. We set off towards Randwick (mostly downhill with a couple of small rises), down Avoca St ("this is really the only hill you have to worry about on the way back"; only a couple of km's!), then down Anzac Parade ( flat according to Mr Lulu; lots of ups and downs according to me! When I mentioned this Mr Lulu said " well I forgot about this one" and later " well that's not really a hill!). Actually it was good fun running with Mr Lulu and he pulled me along and we were running under 6 min km's for the most part. I think I actually did a PB for 5km!

I turned around after 45 mins and Mr Lulu carried on down to Malabar and said he would catch up with me . I tried to keep the pace up which was hard work as it was definitely mostly uphill on the way back and Avoca Street is a long hill. I was also feeling dehydrated and so I stopped off at a couple of blocks of flats and used their taps to have a quick drink along the way.

I was pleased that it took Mr Lulu all the way back to our street to catch me and then I was walking to cool down and because he had the house keys!

In total 14.72km in 1hr 32mins at 6.18/km pace and a lovely 1113 cals burnt.

4 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done on the big run.

Mr Lulu's memory concerning hills and topography is clearly affected by drinking dodgy rose's and white wines.

Cab sav is brain food.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

LL, It's *much* more fun running together...

sfG

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger miners said...

What a warm fuzzy run. Very glad to hear that Mr. Lulu's calf seems to be better and that your breathing isn't holding you back anymore either.

and thank you for your lovely positive comments - I can feel the vibes permeating the tendons already :)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great run LuLu...
Keep that up and you will be a demon on big Bertha :)
That is excellent that you were under the 6 min/km barrier... it is great watching you improve, like a good red (haha spot the wine pun... are you impressed for a non-drinker!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home