Monday, September 19, 2005

A short, sharp one!

Another sunny but cool morning and some legs that were feeling a bit tired but not too bad. As I was also a bit late I decided to do an abridged version of the two beaches. I shortened the run by stopping at the bottom of the steps at the top of Bronte gully and walking the steep bit home.

The ocean looked very inviting down at Clovelly but I know it's pretty cold in there as Mr Lulu has been swimming all winter and says this is the coldest it's been.. roll on summer!

I tried to really attack the hills on the way up from Clovelly to Bronte and keep up the pace. I'm definitely getting better at this but I did have to stop and catch my breath between hills in the cemetery... don't want to end up there permanently just yet!

In total 24:57 mins, 4.06km with an average pace of 6.11/km which is not bad considering my legs weren't at their freshest!

Pilates later on this afternoon, and then tomorrow I rest...

4 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Brendan said...

Good to read your account of the Clovelly area. I too was an eskimo, but Melbourne based now. So I guess we all get different things out of each other's blog posts. Keep it up, I enjoy your well written accounts of training in the eastern suburbs. Virtual Runner

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Waverley Cemetery! That's the very first place I did hill work, Lulu! I used start at the bottom, parallel to Trafalgar St & see how far up I could run in 60 seconds...not too far! The shorter hills in the middle section are pretty good also...loved that place & used walk through every morning, all year round, on the way to swim at Clovelly. Enjoy your rest day!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

And Lulu thought I wrote whacky posts. I'm as normal they come.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

good run LuLu... Keep it up the times are coming down :)
" a short sharp one"... now where have I heard that before ???
See you tommorow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home