Wednesday, September 21, 2005

400s with the SWEAT crew

I haven't done any interval training for weeks as I haven't been to a Weds SWEAT session for a while so I was a bit anxious about what was in store for me today! I had 8 x400s on my programme but Sean said I was only doing 6 and sitting a couple out. I did 2 reps then sat one out did 2 reps again and then a final 2. I found it pretty hard to pace myself as I'm out of practice at these and my times reflect that. 1.55, 2.08, --, 2.04, 2.04, --, 2.12, 2.08. At least I managed to pull the last one back a little bit.

A good turn out this morning with the return of one slower girl ( still faster than me) and a new slower girl ( still faster than me although I make a big effort to overtake her on the first interval.. shame on me!) I hope they stick with it as it is good to have some other girls there apart from Kit, Amjan and I at the moment. Kit was full of beans and running really well again this morning; getting lots of praise from Sean so I told her she was definitely teacher's pet today!

I'm really enjoying these SWEAT sessions at the moment as we have a good fun crew and lots of supportive cameraderie to keep us all bounding along!

5 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Katie said...

It must have been the apple I took along :)
Good running again this morning... I agree more girls... YEAH! It is great to have someone to chase. see you friday

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger miners said...

Great commitment to the training Lulu. Do you have any races lined up over summer at all? It's great to hear you're still able to stick to the program regardless of whether there's an immediate goal on the horizon!

and tell Mr. Lulu to stop acting like a goose when he's out on the bike (like me)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Your sessions with SWEAT sound like fun (oh, and hard work). Wish I could join you :-(

Only 2 sleeps until our Lindt cafe adventure! An hour of spin with the Satanic Spin Instructor on Friday is going to be a lot easier with that to look forward too!

J

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger CJ said...

You're right Lulu - my extra weight comes from my fat ankle! That my excuse and i'm sticking to it. It is slowly improving though which is good and reassuring too. Hopefully I'll see you in Sydney next week :)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Hilarious and shameless, trying to overtake the newbie on the first interval - "eat my dust".

Kit is taking the same supplements as Royworlds last month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home