Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Iceberg!

Mr Lulu was up and out for his run before me this morning and when he got back I was just getting ready to go. He had been to Bondi and back and I thought that sounded good so I decided to head off in that direction myself. I'm getting a bit bored with my normal trotting around Centennial so I felt like a change of scene. Of course the only problem with doing anything other than Centennial is that I am surrounded by rolling hills and cliffs, which is why I head towards the park so often!

I headed to Bondi around the back streets and cut down to the Icebergs club and then along the coastal path through Tamarama and to Bronte. I remember now why I don't do this course very often; it's a bit crowded and the hills and stairs are a bit of a killer.

Sean had me down for 45 mins today but in the end I did about 35, and then walked back from the stairs at Bronte gully. I'll run up there one day.. not today though as my legs had had enough and I want some energy left for tomorrow's fartlek session. Hopefully Mr Lulu will be coming as well as he is pretty much back to full training mode now and we're both going to do the 8km fun run in Maroubra at the end of October.

Total for the day 5.5km, 36 mins with an average pace of 6.32/km.


I laughed when I saw the Google earth track of my run as it appears I was running on water for some of it!

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, looks like a spectacular place to run Lulu!

And I wouldn't worry abuot just doing 35mins, on a hilly course like that it has to be at least as good as a flat 45mins.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger miners said...

I knew there was something special about you - if I only knew you would be the saviour.

Hey, try switching your default graphics option in Google earth to Open GL rather than Direct X. Your run route should show up a little better next time for you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home