Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Intervals of pain!

After Sunday's run I was feeling a bit tired and stiff on Monday, not to mention having had a really bad night's sleep and it was pouring with rain; so I had a rest day. Tuesday I went to help the Owl move some stuff into storage; now that's a good workout; 3 hours or so of heaving boxes around and my arms are quite sore today. After that I went off to the gym later on in the afternoon to do a Pilates class.. no running but not a total rest day!

I had parked the car down at the Randwick gate and so did 1km warm up down to the Oval. Then it was into the drills and strides before hitting the track.

Today I had 600's on my programme and so did everyone else. They did 7 and I had a few more rests and did 5. My times for these are minutely faster than when I did them back in July when my times ranged between 3.12-3.16. Today my times were: 3.11; 3.10; 3.14; 3.14 and 3.26. The last one was a bit of a disaster as at about the 400m mark my lace came undone and I spent the next 100 metres wondering if I was going to break a leg or should I stop and tie it, and then tried to make up time in the last 100.

A quick jog back to the car for a total of 6.88km. Tomorrow I'll do an hour of easy running so I'm nice and ready for Friday Fartlek!

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Your times are showing improvement and that's a result of your determined attitude. Enjoy tomorrow's easier day.

TA

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger miners said...

So when you say you parked down at Randwick gate and "hit the track" i assume you weren't running a few furlongs with the yearlings?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger CJ said...

make sure you eat well Thursday before the fartlek session on Friday ;-)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

It was continuous pain this morning. Can't recall any interval sensation.

Drink well (wine) Thursday before fartlek of pain too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home