Friday, September 30, 2005

Coach Kit pushes me to a training PB!

I decided not to run yesterday.. I slept really badly again and just felt blah.. no motivation, tired and grumpy! Good thing I didn't have any clients yesterday otherwise my empathy levels might have been a bit low!

Today was another story though and Mr Lulu bounced out of bed at 5.45 and I followed suit as today was to be Mr Lulu's debut at SWEAT. He's officially back! We parked at the Randwick gates and did our little warm up jog (not with the yearlings Miners.. ) and met up with the others. It was a relatively small group this morning and neither the Don or RoyWorlds were there.. probably scared that Mr Lulu was going to blow them away..hehehe... ;)

We set off at a nice easy jog (for them!) and then into the surges. I had my own personal coach today as Kit is racing tomorrow and so was taking it easy; so she decided to coach me round the course. It certainly made a difference as you can lose the plot a bit when you're at the back on your own and sometimes it's tempting to give up! Not today though she was egging me on up the nasty York Road hill and through the final surges. Well it paid off as we did 8.88km in 52.45 mins and my average time was 5.56/km...yay.. it's a PB for the outside of the park Fartlek... thanks Kit :) I think I also paced myself a little better and didn't go out too hard at the start and tried to keep up the pace a bit more on the floats. I ate a lot more yesterday which probably helped...

Mr Lulu was, of course, at the front with Sean who was very enthusiastic about him joining us and was trying to sign him up for the Randwick Athletics Club to do some Masters races. At least Mr Lulu said he worked hard and the cobwebs have been blown away; and no twinges from the calf either. He even looked like he had worked quite hard for a change. Anyway it was very nice to have him there and he did come back once or twice to make sure his plodding wife was still alive.. it was touch and go at one point when I thought I was going to explode....

6 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

You were flying!!! Well done!! You were going at 4:40/km pace down that hill and you picked the pace up towards the end...what a great effort! Now you can bask in the glory all day! You are very determined... nothing will get in the way of a PB in Melbourne :)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger miners said...

Sounding more like you were with the thoroughbreds instead!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo!! A big morning in the Lulu household! Well done Lulu on a great session. I'm also really glad to hear that Mr Lulu is back in action.

See you tomorrow night,
J

PS Kit has been trying to talk me into joining you once a week...

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I don't know about Royworlds but I'm scared sh*tless of Mr Lulu - he's got it all.

Twisted my ankle this morning on a run, and I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my swollen ankle. Trouble walking freely at the moment. Maybe 3-7 days out of action. Hoping to be able to walk by Tesso and Owl's birthday's dinner tomorrow.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

That's got to be one of the nicest words in the English language... "PB" ummmm.... :-)

sfG

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great session Lulu - well done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home