Saturday, October 01, 2005

Walking with Dolphins

I thought about going to the gym and doing a Spin class this morning but it was such a lovely day that I didn't really want to be stuck inside. Instead we decided to go for a walk this afternoon.

Drove down to Coogee and then walked south from there towards Maroubra Beach. When we got to South Coogee we stopped and saw a large pod of dolphins just off the coast. They looked like they were chasing a shoal of fish down the coast as they were diving in and out of the water and moving quite fast. We carried on around the streets where the coast path ends but when we got back to the coast at Lurline Bay the dolphins were frolicking in the bay. I don't know what it is about dolphins but I always get a thrill when I see them.. quite unusual to see them so close to shore along the coast here...made my day!

We headed back to the car for a walk of about 90mins including dolphin watching! Legs were a little bit tired from yesterday but ready for a 2 hour adventure tomorrow.. I'll be trying out my new fuel belt I bought during the week...note to self.. don't drink too much (wine!) at Owl and Tesso's birthday bash tonight..

Had a bit of a light week this week and suffering from a bit of a lack of motivation so will sit down and work out some new goals and put some of my top coaching tricks to work on myself!
3 runs = 31.5km @ 6.21/km pace
2 pilates classes
1 walk
1 dolphin pod spotted :)

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Wow Dolphins!! That would have made my day!!! One of my best experineces was walking through a fur seal colony in New Zealand.... It is awsome to see such great creatures in the wild! It was a perfect day for a walk... Sydney is putting on a great long weekend :)

And yes Thankyou for the run yesterday... just what the doctor ordered!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

I to walk between Maroubra Beach and Coogee each morning, and although rare, did see dolphins quite a lot.

Great for the soul isn't it?

'Aveagoodweekend.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Your walk sounded lovely Lulu - I love dolphins. Enjoy the birthday bash tonight - sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Was that Spanish you were writing in on Hilda's blog? Very impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home