Wednesday, October 05, 2005

No SWEAT but some beaches

I hate to even write these three little letters; so I'm going to whisper, itb. I noticed yesterday that my left itb just above the knee felt a bit tight and sore. I went to Pilates, did some stretching and rolled on my trusty rolling pin and things felt a bit better when I went to bed. I really don't want an injury to develop right now.. or ever!

This morning my leg wasn't stiff but a bit sore.. might have been from the rolling, as it almost feels bruised. I decided to give SWEAT a miss as doing intervals might have aggravated it more than just running. Instead I did my 2 beaches course. Legs didn't feel that fresh despite yesterday's rest day and the hills were tough. I ran up Bronte hill as well which is always tough and I found it hard to keep up any sort of pace towards the top.

In total 31.23; 4.73km @ 6.37/km. A bit slow and that's Bronte hill's affect as before I started up the hill my average pace had been 6.11/km.

I'll see how I feel later before deciding whether to do a run tomorrow or a rest and hope that I am able to go to SWEAT on Friday.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jen said...

It's a good idea about whispering those nasty letters. Good on you for addressing it straight away. I need to get the rolling pin out again but I'm waiting for the bruise from my massage on IT to fade a bit more first!

J.

PS About time to plan our next sojourn to the Lindt cafe don't you think ;-)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Lulu
I missed sweat today as well! I am still feeling pooped! Get onto the rolling pin and ice after your run and hoepfully it will be fine! I have some twinges I am nursing...hopefully avoiding bigger problems!
Hopefully see you Friday

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Dr Don DJ says:
take some ice-cold reisling and apply liberally to the effected area, administer internally until bottle empties. Repeat daily until the condition subsides.

Both Harriet and Alex were at Sweat this morning and you would've creamed them in the 400m reps.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Yes, those 3 letters can cause a lot of grief so take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home