Monday, October 03, 2005

Maroubra recce!

After our long run yesterday we decided on a short one for this morning, so we decided to go and check out the course for the Maroubra fun run we're doing on 23rd of Oct.

We drove down to the start and then set off around the course. It starts with a short rise and then is flat until you start the Malabar road rise. This is a long rise of probably just over 1km.. not steep but a long drag up the hill and it continues around the corner. There is then a right turn; flat and downhill, and then you do a U turn and come back up and then head straight on for a long down hill stretch. There is quite a steep downhill section which is a bit steep to really bomb down, but the rest of it is a nice grade for downhill running. Then it's back down to the start which is a slight incline back to the line and then around the course again.

We only did one loop of the course but we didn't do quite enough down to the U turn point as I measured it a bit short at 3.9km and that was with me running past where we had started.

I did this in 23mins with an average pace of 5.53/km which I was pretty happy with considering my legs are a bit stiff and sore from yesterday's run and I wasn't really pushing it on the flat and downhills. My current PB for 8km is 47.08 and so I'm hoping to get 46.xx on this course if possible. I think this should be achievable based on today's run. Coach Kit has offered to run with me which will be great as I'm going to need some encouragement plodding up the Malabar Road hill.

A quick stretch and then Mr Lulu went for a swim at Maroubra beach.. .. he reported that the water temp was still too cold for me.

Course profile and route below:

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Aun sigo intrigada por saber si no tienes que comer un poco mas para logar mejorar tus metas.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The new banner looks fab!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Lulu,

great banner. Good maroubra course report. You'll know exactly when to surge and when to cruise. I'd better follow you and coach Kit.

Hilda is a spanish spammer or is she another very close friend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home