Friday, October 14, 2005

Really SWEATing!

I almost didn't manage to drag myself up and out this morning to get to SWEAT fartlek, but my will power won the day! Mr Lulu had an early meeting at work and so he didn't come this morning. However, there was a good turn-out. I did a quick lap of the oval to see if my legs were back or whether I still had the lead ones and found they were not too bad but still feeling a bit flat. As I expected then I found the first 30 mins hard work.. such a lot of effort to run so slowly.. just doesn't seem right somehow! The hill was a killer and no racing up it this week. Second half of the session after the hill was over I perked up a bit and felt a lot better. Average pace was pretty slow though 6.25/km and I'll have a look at the km splits later as I suspect the last few will be the quickest. I'm sure the session still did me good even if slower than I know I can do this course.. funny how you can vary so much. My usual companions were there to encourage me along though which always helps. thanks guys:)

I'll see how I feel tomorrow and decide whether to do a Spin class, swim or wallow in bed! Off to pilates mat later on this afternoon.

4 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I had one of those struggle weeks last week. I was tired even before the sessions started. The good news is this week is better, so look forward to next week Lulu.

Did you girls enjoy the Lindt Cafe?

TA

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Don't worry about the time... because you certainly always out in the effort!!! I respect how hard you work.. and always with such good humor! I do believe I saw you loop back to collect a slower runner this morning... not too shabby! You are consistant and that is what counts... ( accord in to Jd) it will all come together and your speed will improve! Just remember... where were you 12 months ago??? There... perspective is wonderful!
Pb here you come :)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

David with the pony-tail was telling me he's noticed how much you have improved at SWEAT over time.
So you're making big progress.

XelA was hopeless this morning. Just lucky you were feeling flat.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Your night out with the ETS must have been very civilized if you could run and swim the morning after. Either that or you have a very strong constitution!

How was Lindt Cafe? Consoled myself with far too any Fantales!

I'm planning on wallowing in bed tomorrow - so looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home