Thursday, October 13, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

Last night's big night out with the ETS was not as bad as feared. Started with a glass of bubbly at the Zeta bar in the Hilton before going for a very nice dinner.. ate too much.. drank too much.. but not too much to feel too bad this morning.

Managed to get out of bed at 6.30, a bit later than I'd planned and drove up to Bondi Junction, parked the car and headed out to do 30 mins easy. Well I did 30 mins but it wasn't easy.. someone had stolen my legs in the night and replaced them with lumps of lead, and it was very humid. Refused to listen to the voice in my head telling me to stop and plodded on and eventually the legs felt marginally better. Stopped after 15 mins to stretch out a calf as it was complaining for some reason, have to keep an eye on that. Returned to the car and picked up my gym bag and headed into the gym for a quick swim. I decided to practice the drills as per instructed in my training book and see if I could do them without fins, most of which I could, but it takes me a long time to do each lap, so I might get some. It was alright this morning as the gym was deserted and I had a lane to myself, but I wouldn't have been popular had there been many people in the pool. Did about 1o mins of drill practice then swam 200ms before retreating to the steam room for 10 mins. Dashed about getting changed and headed in to the City.

Had a very nice brekkie with Don Juan, Jen and the Owl at the famous Lindt cafe and returned to the office refreshed and ready for action.

Finally lunch time saw me go to the gym and do a Pilates class. I chose an intermediate/advanced class because I'm finding some of the classes a bit easy and was very happy that I managed this pretty easily. I even knocked out 20 press-up with no problem (only girls version!) ..very surprised at that as I have always struggled with press ups, even with the girls version. My upper body has obviously been working out in secret!

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love it when body parts work out in secret - but I wish they would do so more often :-)

Lovely to catch up with you again this morning Lulu. The pain au chocolat was divine! My sugar rush has been replaced by an endorphin rush so I'm expecting a productive afternoon.

J

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Gee, so it was a triathlon this morning Lulu - a run, a swim, and a visit to the Lindt cafe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home