Monday, October 10, 2005

Two beaches..sort of!

A very naughty Lulu went 2 days without doing a run... Saturday was a rest day anyway but Sunday was supposed to be long run.. in the end it was a long hangover...oops! I haven't been drinking very much recently and so my drinking performance is very poor. Consequently, a some friend's house on Sat night too much champers was consumed. We left the car in Birchgrove, near Balmain fully intending to run and get it in the morning. Instead I wallowed in bed and Mr Lulu went on his own.

In the afternoon we walked over to Bondi for a massage which was excellent and she focused on all my niggles and stiff bits.

I thought that after a relatively restful weekend I would be ready for a good run this morning but my body had other ideas. I felt very tired when I woke up which I think is the effects of a late boozy night.. don't recover like I used to. My legs felt very heavy and set off down to Clovelly and the hills back up to Bronte. Struggled up the first one and thought that would sort my legs out but it didn't. Kept on plodding but when I faced the long haul up Bronte hill my legs were feeling like lead and where normally I can keep going this morning the little voice in my head telling me to stop won, probably because I feel tired rathe than just heavy legs, and I ended up walking up the hill. At least I enjoyed the view and the lovely sunny morning!

I feel a bit slack having another rest day tomorrow so I'll go the gym and do Pilates and perhaps try out the swimming pool there that I haven't used yet.

9 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Al menos esos malestares duran solo un dia. Y estoy peor que tu porque no corri nada hoy, y no tome nada de alcol... fue en mis cinco sentidos!!!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend Lulu - don't be too hard on yourself; we all need weekends like that (mine was last weekend!!)

J

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I say.. Yeah rest days!! They are just as important as the actual running! Gives your body a chance to recover. Today sounds like punishment for too much red wine :) As long as you had a good time!!! Any dancing in front of your curtainless window :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger miners said...

no more bed wallowing missy - glad you enjoyed the view on your plodding journey today. Some days just feel like that don't they?

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Horrie said...

Enjoy the small break Lulu. You will come back refreshed with extra energy. Life's all about balancing priorities. A good night out every so often is good for you. Don't be too hard on yourself.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger CJ said...

As long as you had a good night then it was worth it! We can't be perfect all the time!! :))

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

"not used to drinking"?? Since when?? Since sculling came back in.

I was doing hills this morning with Royworlds, Lowana, David and 'XelA'!
She looks very keen. Kept mumbling something about 'more hills' as I lapped her.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Lulu... you should know I was not responsible for my panel! Ray did that for me, I will ask him how and let you know. Or email me a photo and times and I will make i mean ask him to do it :)

I was too polite to comment on your ability to tolerate the red liquid :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Lulu, I reckon we have to do these things every now and then. Makes you appreciate waking up healthy!

Must be fantastic having such beautiful places to run, even if it is tough going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home