Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Like a duckling!

Yesterday was supposed to be a hills session according to my programme but I was feeling very sore from Sunday's long run, and it was pouring with rain. Consequently I wimped out and then spent the rest of the day feeling guilty :)

Today though I was up and at the gym by 6.30 and did a Pilates class.. then it was off to the pool.

Having bought some short training fins I felt like a little duckling as I started doing the drills. Hopefully I'll turn into a swan one day. I like the fins.. I go much faster :) Could be addictive!


I did two workouts from my swim book which were focused on being balanced in the water. I found it quite good as I was able to relax a bit more in the water rather than my usual thrashing about. In total I did 50 mins of drills, with a few laps thrown in, about 1.5km I think. Then I headed to the steam room for a quick steam. Now I can relax for the rest of the day.. that's a good feeling:)

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Don't get too used to fins though - when you come to swimming without them it feels awful! It sounds like you're coming along well with the swimming - keep it up. maybe we'll get you doing a triathlon yet! [you were talking about new challenges ;-)]

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Something approaching 1500m of drills sounds like the work of a very fit little duckling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home