Thursday, October 20, 2005

More splashing around!

I realised yesterday that I have actually missed two runs off my programme this week. I was supposed to do 20 mins on Tuesday but I'm so used to Tuesday being a rest day and I go to early pilates that I forgot.. oh well I think that was just to get the legs moving and I did go swimming instead.

My running programme after this race changes a bit. Sean is moving me up to running 6 days a week. I'm not sure how the legs will cope with this, but the programme has gone from doing 5 longer runs to 6 shorter runs with my long runs going back down to an hour. I'll see how I go.

For today though it was back to the pool for some more drills. I ended up doing about 600 metres of drills and then did some swimming with the fins at the end for a total of about 950m. It is definitely helping doing the drills as I am becoming much more relaxed in the water and more on top of the water as
plu describes it.

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger miners said...

Hey - you might have missed a run or two, but you're swimming now too! You take it easy with the step up to 6 runs a week. It's not so much the extra running (as you say, your distances are being cut back a bit), but rather that this represents 1 less rest day a week. Be careful not to over do it in the first fortnight.

Oh, and best of luck with the Maroubra run!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Clever idea to taper for the Maroubra run.

My taper starts after a final sharpener with Sean. Then Sunday we'll be surging with Mr Lulu past the weekend warriors.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I know I'll see you tomorrow at our CR girls lunch but I wanted to wish you happy running on Sunday at Maroubra.

All of your hard work over the last few months is certain to pay off. Your (existing) 8km PB is history :-)

Go Lulu go!

J.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger miners said...

sorry Lulu - not the correct answer - and to think that you missed out on the dinner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home