Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday fun in the park

Back to the park for some friday fartlek. There was actually more women that men this week which makes a change. We headed off at an easy pace and then into the surges. I think that race has made me a bit stronger as I felt pretty good for most of the way. I developed a bit of a sore hip in the last couple of kms but it feels alright now.

I concentrated on form rather than speed in the surges, trying to keep my knees up and using my core to stabilise. In the end I ran the course at an average of 6.07/km which is pretty good.. and I didn't feel totally stuffed at the end for a change..

Nice short one tomorrow and I think we're going to go down to the domain and do a short run and then have a swim at the Andrew Boy Charlton pool as I've only done one swim this week.

That's four days running in a row which is a record for me. No serious niggles as long as my hip doesn't do anything strange tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo, go girlpower! I'm definitely going to have to join this little group of yours next year.

I'm really glad to hear that your body has handled the increased workload so far. See you on Sunday; I'm looking forward to it.

J.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Katie said...

High knees... just what I like to see! Sorry I missed that :) Nice to hear the girls are expanding... in numbers I mean :)
I cant wait to be back at the park!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home