Saturday, October 29, 2005

Easy Sydney Biathlon


I had a terrible night's sleep where I woke up at 1.30 feeling wide awake and after about an hour of tossing and turning went downstairs to the spare room and read for a while before falling back into a fitful sleep. Consquently I woke up a bit later than planned and it was about 7am before we arrived in the City at the domain. We did a nice easy 4kms around Farm Cove , out to the Opera House and through the botanic gardens which was lovely. I really like running around there as you certainly can't beat the scenery. Garth seems to think we were running on water again though if you look at the picture :)

For the first km I was saying " er.. hello legs.. you know that running thing you do.. could you try and pick it up a bit..." as they were feeling very sluggish and a bit fatigued from yesterday's effort. After the first ten mins they warmed up and we managed to keep a reasonable pace. In fact Mr Lulu told me to slow down at one stage as this was supposed to be an easy run.

After a quick stretch we went to the ABC pool and did a few cooling laps. This has to be the best pool in Sydney as it's perched on the edge of the harbour and is a salt water pool. I did about 300 metres to see how I was progressing and I definitely feel that I've made some improvements in the last couple of weeks. I swam one lap behind Mr Lulu and normally he would be a long way ahead of me by the end but today I wasn't that far behind him.

I've kept pretty much to my exercise plan this week apart from missing one swim as I couldn't squeeze it in as I had to do some work.. I've gone from not having much on to having lots of new opportunities popping up which is exciting and I should be quite busy over the summer. Good for the bank account but means that I'll have to be really disciplined about scheduling my exercise.

This week:
6 runs :) 35kms and at an average pace of 6.16/km
Pilates: 1 GRC, 1 Advanced GRC and 1 mat class
Swims 2.

Next week will be a similar programme but I hope to squeeze in my extra swim this week.
I'm meeting Jen and Lorna at Centennial Park cafe in the morning for an hour around the park which I'm really looking forward to.. just hope I can keep up with them.

8 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

The ABC pool sounds swim sounds great - if only we didn't need so much sleep, it would be easy to get all the exercise sessions in!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Lulu,
there are some photos on the CR site phot gallery of the run last week. I must say you and steve look pretty snazzy! Steve is our covergirl :)

Where is the ABC pool... sounds excellent!
Enjoy your run tommorow.... say Hi to the girls!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a huge week you've had Lulu! Well done.

And don't worry about trying to keep up with me tomorrow - it will be the first time I've run on consecutive days - and I've had a session with Satan today. I suspect my legs will forget how to run tomorrow !

J.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger CJ said...

You're doing well - swimming, running, so when do you plan on taking up cycling?! Say hi to jen and Lorna, have a great run and post-run refreshments!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

After all that activity you'll have a fierce thirst on Sunday. I'm looking forward to a cab sav. - shiraz biathlon tomorrow. Pacing will be the key.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I get so envious reading about runs around the Opera House etc. Gee, I can't imagine you would ever get sick of it.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger miners said...

ah, so that's an "aquathon", or an "aquathlon" if you're american. However, if you're doing it in training, then this is called a "brick" session (no, I'm not having a go at your swimming prowess).

A brick session is any time when you combine 2 or more disciplines in the one training set! You clever girl

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, walking on water again Lulu!

You are a very talented gal aren't you ;-)

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home