Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Easy 30

I had trouble getting out of bed this morning but eventually managed to get up at 6.30. I intended to 30 mins run and then a swim but ran out of time for the swim so will have to try and go later this afternoon.

I headed down to Centennial and did a lap of the insiderunning track. I was feeling pretty good except for a sore hip. This seems to be the same as the sore hip I had a few months ago. I'm trying to work out what's causing it and I think it's tight glutes. The tennis ball on the glutes seems to have loosened them up and it feels better but I think a trip to the physio might be in order.. just afraid he'll say I have to take a break, although he's normally pretty good at keeping you on the road while he fixes things. Considering I've done 8 days running in a row this is a minor issue and it fixed itself after a couple of days of stretching last time.


I'll see how the hip is in the morning before deciding whether or not to do intervals. The good thing is that it doesn't hurt while I'm running only afterwards so I'm sure I'm not doing it any harm ;)

5 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I have the same theory Lulu - If it doesn't hurt, it's not doing any damage. Like visits to the Lindt Cafe - they don't hurt so it can't be bad for me :-)

J.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger miners said...

Glad I wasn't the only one feeling a little flat today - Jen's theory looks good though

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Lulu

8 days in a row! Sounds like time to take day off. Keep stretching those hips and glutes!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger 2P said...

8 days in a row is pretty impressive Lulu - SF may be right about a day off...

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

8 days - is that a record? Very impressive.

As those before me have said, maybe have a day or two off running. With a bit of luck that could be all you need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home