Friday, November 04, 2005

Flying Fartleks

Mr Lulu has decided to do the striders 10km race tomorrow and so had an easy run this morning but I went down to the park for the Friday fartlek session.

I did a quick lap of the oval to see if the hip was going to complain and it all seemed good and so we headed off. I trotted along chatting to the others for the warm up and then we were off.. Now according to Garth the first three kms were 6.36, 4.57, 4.44 and an average over the whole morning of 5.51/km. Woohhoo! I think. I just can't believe that I would do 2 kms under 5 mins, but Garth doesn't normally lie and I did think that I wasn't as far behind the main group as normal plus I had to do a couple of loop backs to pick up one or two other runners. Could it be true?? Well I'm going to celebrate anyway :)

I felt a few twinges from the hip during the session but now it feels fine.. just going to do a short run and swim tomorrow before the planned run with Jen on Sunday and we're going to programme Garth for a nice steady run rather than galloping around the park like we did last week:)

6 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger 2P said...

2k's under 5 mins is pretty impressive Lulu and a 5.51 average ain't too shabby neither.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo Lulu. Well done on your sub-5min/kms!! I'm sure that Garth would never lie to you

Now don't make me chase you around the Park on Sunday morning. My ITB could do with an easy one :-)

J.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

!!Guau!! !!Que buena velocidad has logrado!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger CJ said...

You are getting mighty speedy and you know what......I think it was the lindt chocolate tart that did it!!! BTW have I ever told you about the Tim Tam training diet - that's a CJ special!!!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Thanks to Wine Trail Runner for the lift in the Lulu-mobile, and for coming out this morning.

without the chocolate tart you'd be running sub 4 min/kms. They're evil.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Lulu, sorry I didn't speak to you this morning at the end of the race. I heard someone call out something but it didn't register at the time. Only later did Gnome ask me if I spoke to you, so pls accept my apology for appearing rude. I didn't mean to and would have loved to catch up. Maybe next time.

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home