Sunday, November 06, 2005

Weekend activities

Saturday : 25 mins easy, Striders 10km and bridge climb!

Mr Lulu had decided to do the Striders race at Lane Cove this morning and so we were up at 5.30 and left to pick up Don Juan and head to Lane Cove. It was a drizzly grey morning and extremely humid. We milled around waiting for the race to start and then when DJ and Mr L (or Wine Trail Runner to give him his proper CR name) went off to check out the course and warm up I went off for an easy 25 mins. I headed up the path on the other side of the river to the race and then up into the woods on a track. I turmed around when I started to feel a bit uneasy about running in the woods on my own and quite a way from where everyone else was. I didn't want to disappear never to be seem again!

I was back to the finish line in time to chat with Gnome and Superflake and watch the finish of the race. The winner seemed a long way ahead of the rest of the pack. DJ came in at 39.14 and had lost WTR who came in at 42.41. Not bad for his first 10km since being injured and being on the come back trail. It was great catching up with so many CRs out at the race and to meet Silverfox in person.

Back home a quick brekkie and then back to the City to meet my sister in law and her husband to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. A great experience and it's amazing to be up above Sydney; great views and quite an experience, especially for me as I don't like heights very much and so it was a good way to challenge myself. An extremely well-run organisation too.

After all that I had to have a nana nap in the afternoon to keep me going for the family dinner in the evening.

Sunday short long run
Met up with Jen-runs for our long run this morning. I set Garth to pace us at 6.15/km to stop us charging around like last week. My pacing is truly terrible though as we went from 5.46/km to 6.30 per km back to 5.47 per km and then finally 6.14 per km. Unfortunately poor Jen had to call it quits as her %$#$% itb started to cause knee pain. We headed back to the car and then went for a coffee to try and work out her options on whether to try and do the half in 4 weeks time. I really empathise with Jen as I have been through so many injuiries before being able to train consistently for over a year now, and that's only just, as I've been managing a few niggles the whole time. Hopefully she was a bit more positive after our coffee and chat!

I'm planning on doing a longer run tomorrow now which fits in with my programme as I can then have a rest day on Tuesday. I'm going to tackle some hills in my long run; this will test out whether my hip is better and also I need to do more hills generally.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Thank you :-)

J.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Does the bridge climb rate as a training session?

Enjoy that long run tomorrow Lulu :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home