Friday, November 11, 2005

A tentative 25 mins

I had to run today as Postman Pat delivered two new shiny pairs of Loco Xpressos for Mr Lulu and I. After yesterday's heat and storms this morning was a fantastic bright sparkly Sydney morning. I was a bit late leaving and so stuck to the coast path away from the traffic. Felt OK for a couple of Kms and then realised that in my excitement to hit the road I had left without having anything to drink. That might account for the slight headache developing. Fortunately I had reached Clovelly beach and so stopped at the drinks fountain and had a very long cool drink. Legs felt Ok but the cold has hit my chest and so my breathing was struggling on the hills going up to the cemetary so I walked for a bit and then ran again.

Then I ran down to Bronte and up the gully before walking the steps and the last hill home. In total I ran for 25 mins with probably an extra 5-10 mins walking at the end.

It's a start anyway and I'll do something similar tomorrow although I'll stick to flat so I don't stress my breathing quite as much. Hopefully I'll be up for something a bit longer on Sunday.

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that you are back on the road - and in your new shiny Loco's too :-)

New shoes make you go faster. Speaking of which, time for some retail therapy :-)

J.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great stuff lulu that is a very quick turn around from being crook - well done!

Ooooo new shoes - the best excuse for a run :-)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger miners said...

Hope you feel ok over the weekend lulu (or is it Lulu?) Don't overtax yourself though.

So are the espresso's the neutral Loco shoes? We need some pics and a review soon I think :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home