Friday, November 18, 2005

The accidental yogi

No run today. Woke up feeling tired, which is not a good start to the day and decided to miss what is a recovery run day anyway. Tomorrow and Sunday are both going to be quite tough so an extra day's rest. Mr lulu didn't run either, achilles nearly better but he's not taking any chances.

I went to the gym fully intending to do a pilates mat class only to find that the class was finishing when I arrived. Clearly I have lost the ability to read a timetable! The choices were either a GRC class or hatha yoga. I've done 3 GRC classes already this week and so I decided to give yoga a try.

My previous experience with yoga wasn't really successful. I ended up with a bad back and lots of sore and stiff bits after two years with the Yoga Dictator that was the instructor. This class was not bad. I'm truly so stiff that it's almost laughable but this was a good easyish class and quite dynamic. The instructor said I could have some rest periods as well, something the YD would never allow. I do feel like my hips and legs have had a good stretch and workout so maybe I'll go to this class again. If only there were more hours in the day I could do everything!

Next appointment Lindt cafe with the Jen, Owlie and Tesso with Don Juan hoping to make an appearance to visit the tarts; the chocolate ones!

6 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Your Yoga Dictator sounds a lot like the Pilates Dictator we had a couple of years ago - Haven't been back to a Piltaes class since!

Enjoy the Lindt Cafe....again!!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hmmmm, interesting spelling - Pilates class! It is Friday afternoon and I should really be working!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy the two tough days coming up Lulu.

I look forward to reading the posts on your successes :-)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Lovely as always to see you Lulu. I'm really missing our Sunday long runs :-( Oh well, I'll be back soon. Have a fabulous weekend & see you next Wednesday,

J.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Ay!! si ojala que el dia tuviera mas horas... y nuestros cuerpos mas energia todos los dias, para no perder un solo dia de entrenamiento...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

ooo, Yoga - now there's something I definitely need to do more of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home