Thursday, November 17, 2005

I should have stayed in bed!

This morning was a SWEAT fartlek session. I was feeling a bit tired when I got up but dragged myself down to the park. I did a quick warm up and stretched and then we set off. I started off OK and running a reasonable pace but after a couple of kms just felt tired and tight in the chest.

Sean was giving me some extra rest periods but it didn't really help and when we reached the start point again I called it quits while the others did the extra loop through the middle of the park.

I'm hoping this is just the effects of the cold I had last week, which is still hanging around and nothing more than that. I'm disappointed that mentally I didn't have the strength to fight back this morning. Ended up feeling sorry for myself, and then annoyed at myself for giving up. I just don't seem to have any stamina to maintain any sort of pace at the moment, which is a bit of a worry.

I've only got just over two weeks to go before my race and I was feeling really good two weeks ago so I just hope I can regain some semblance of what passes for speed for me before then. I've got 6 days consecutive running on the programme and I often feel better when I'm running everyday so I hope it does the trick this time. An easy 30 mins on the programme tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

I know exactly how you feel at the moment Lulu.

That's the trouble with feeling great and being really fit, when there is the slightest setback and you slow down you beat yourself up. I have become an expert at this!

I'm sure a visit to the Lindt Cafe will recharge the batteries :-)

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger 2P said...

You're goin alright mate - you took very little time off when your cold hit. I think it is amazing that you got going again so well, so quickly :-)

I'd recommend a big belt of Vit B and some quality (guilt-free) easier sessions till you get your positivity back.

Oh and the Lindt Cafe couldn't hurt :-)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jen said...

2P is right - a trip to the Lindt cafe is what you need ;-)

You've been sick Lulu. It's only natural that your body will take a while to get over it and get you back to training at 100%. You will have a fantastic race; just have faith in yourself and in your hard work :-)

See you tomorrow,

J.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Every one eases up early on a training session sooner or later. A part of running.

High words of unsolicited praise from Xela this morning too. I would have got out of bed for that.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Por una vez que bajes el rendimiento, no va a pasar nada, y menos aun cuando tu autocritica y standares son siempre altos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home