Sunday, November 20, 2005

Bronte to North Sydney

After a very enjoyable and slightly boozy evening with the ETS we managed to get up at 6.30, rehydrate, have half a banana and head out towards North Sydney.

I thought I was in for a very hard day when I couldn't stop coughing for the first couple of kms but eventually my breathing started to feel better. I cut through the middle of Centennial Park and up to Oxford St where I bumped into Don Juan who was heading to the park to chase the young whippets from Sean's squad around the park.

I love running down Oxford St because it's a nice cruisy downhill and flat section and apart from dodging the nightclubbers it's an easy section (km split here was 5.10). Continued on through the city where I was stopped by a tourist wanting her photo taken. I felt like saying "Can't you see I'm running" and carrying on but decided that would not be very hospitable!

Then it was onto the Cahill and the long hill onto the bridge. At about 55 mins to this point I started to actually feel better at last, my chest seemed much clearer and I was feeling quite strong still; hopefully signs of my returning edurance.

The final section up the Pacific Highway was pretty tough but I plodded on and was relieved to find the lulumobile where I'd left it on Bay St. I've asked the ETS and her partner if they would consider moving closer to the bridge so I don't have to run up the hill in future! Actually they're buying a house in Mount Victoria so I don't think I'll be running up there to pick up the car!

All in all not a bad run and my pace was better than yesterday when I was supposed to be running fast! 12.71kms in 1 hr 21mins, 850 cals and an av pace of 6.25/km.



Km splits were: 6.55 (coughing a lot!), 6.04; 6.04; 6.09; 6.01; 6.22;5.10; 6.37; 5.51; 6.31; 6.46; 6.59; 6.11.
Hills and tiring at the end put paid to my roughly 6 min kms towards the end.


Thanks to some Google earth coaching from Minersrun I now have my runs showing up much more effectively and in a nice CR blue. Thanks Miners!

5 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Some of your route sounds vaguely familiar - wasn't it part of Sydney marathon? I can certainly recall running along Oxford St andseeing the drag queens.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good photo.
Also looking for a photo of the rainbow running outfit. it should also be visible to a google satellite.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo. Sensational run Lulu - across half of Sydney!

Well done :-)

J xx

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger 2P said...

2 great sessions this weekend lulu - well done :-)

Nice CR Blue too!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger miners said...

That's a great end to the week you had considering the illness lulu. And how about this run? What a sensational recovery after the big night out! Map looks fantastic too - you get an A+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home