Sunday, November 27, 2005

A soggy Coolrunner on the road

Well, two soggy coolrunners actually. Mr lulu and I got up and dressed in our matching CR singlets and got ready to go out. By the time we were ready the rain was absolutely tipping down so we thought we'd wait for a break in the rain. This didn't happen for a couple of hours so we both did some work and then headed out once the rain stopped.

It was about 7 minutes into my run when the rain started again. First it was a slight drizzle and then it got heavier and heavier until Garth and I were soaked. No point going back now though as we were already wet! At least it was nice and cool.

My route today went around the outside of the park and down to the Golf Course at Anzac Parade. I ran around the block of the golf course and then back around Moore Park, up Moore Park Rd and then back into Centennial Park to finish off the loop and back home. In total 91 mins and 13.8km at an average pace of 6.38/km (a bit pedestrian) and 1063 cals ( I do like those sort of numbers for cals burned!)

Mr lulu arrived back about 20 mins later also looking somewhat drowned and he had done his 2hrs.

Status of niggles: right knee a bit sore for some of the run; vergin' on shin splints, much better and not bothering me when running; Stiff right hip - still stiff but not sore when running. I do have a very sore left calf today and I'm not sure what caused that so I'll see what it's like tomorrow. Rest day tomorrow as I have to be on a 7am plane to Brisvegas and won't be getting up in the dark for a run. I know, where's my commitment :)

5 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger 2P said...

The drowned rat syndrome was a bit of a common theme today Lulu no matter where you were.

7:00am flights are just unreasonable - sorry to hear you've been so busy - it is also unreasonable for work to get in the way of blogging :-)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Lulu, are you here for just the day or an overnighter? Just for something completely different you can run in the rain up here :-)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Aki said...

7am flight creaters were obviously not runners, they've got no idea!

Some non commitment, after running for that long in the rain! Whoa, don't think I'd do that. :p

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm missing our weekend long runs too Lulu! Sorry you had to have all that fun (!) in the rain by yourself yesterday.

Your training has been going really well Lulu. You are going to fly around Melbourne - trust me, I've chased you around Centennial Park :-)

J.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Dedication and commitment is getting out in that rain, and going to Bris-vegas even while being handsomely paid for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home