Tuesday, December 06, 2005

300s in the park

Firstly, thank you all very much for your support. I wouldn't have finished at all on Sunday without your virtual cheering and I really appreciate your comments here.

I went to bed at 8pm last night and it's amazing how a good long sleep can make you feel a lot better. 48 hours post race and I'm feeling a bit more rational about things and realise I probably expected way too much of the dayand myself and that's why I was so disappointed. I sort of suspected that things were not going to go according to plan but tried to remain optimistic. At least it wasn't a PW and I didn't injure myself. So that, combined with a stern email talking to by "cold" Don Juan, helped me get out of bed and head to the SWEAT session. I was also a bit worried that if I didn't go today that I would find it very hard to go running later in the week. Have to get straight back on the horse, so to speak! Actually, a horse would have come in very handy on Sunday!

The programme today was 12 x 300s. I decided to try a slightly different approach and start out a bit more relaxed and see if I could maintain the pace or at least keep the same pace. It didn't work too well and I still faded so I think I may as well go out a bit harder and try and hang on. It's all a learning process! I ended up doing 8 out of the 12 reps with Sean giving me a couple of breaks as I don't get much of a rest between reps due to being the last one round the track. I was hoping he would forget I had raced on Sunday and I think he had but then one of the girls asked me about it and he overheard. I just said it wasn't worth discussing, particularly as some of the squad had done so well at the Central Coast half at the weekend, including Sean coming third in the half and his wife winning the 9km.

Anyway I feel a lot better today and so I've decided I'm going to give the SMC 10km a go in two weeks time. The worse that can happen is I can run a PW and really depress myself!

Now I'm off to Bordertown and will be back tomorrow night in time for the SWEAT session no Thursday, which will be a hills session.

8 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

It's the good cop/bad cop routine. I'm really a softie, a big marshmallow.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Gopd on yer lulu, can't wait to see your result at SMC!

;-)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger miners said...

good to know the cold DJ is shadowing your moves there - SMC sounds like a good pep-up, but listen to your body beforehand too

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Finally caught up my reading. All the guys are right in that we are proud of you for your running and sunday was *just* an off day. We felt your disppointment when Jen got your text and all of us there had experienced it at some time or another. If you want to see Dr Quack I've got the number - maybe we could go together :-). let me know.

TA

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good on you for getting out there again Lulu. And for lining up that SMC race so soon. I'm sure its gonna have a good one.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Ooops, not sure if I meant to say "I'm sure its gonna be a good one" or "I'm sure you're gonna have a good one". Both :-)

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you DJ.... one of us had to give her a slap :-)

So glad you sound more positive... I agree a good sleep makes it all more bearable!

Talk to you Thursday... no slapping promise!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Dave said...

SMC will be fun, should be heaps of CR's there. I have even heard talk of a post race xmas drink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home