Thursday, December 01, 2005

Forest Fartlek

I went to bed at 8.30 last night, but then my mother rang from England and so my planned early night didn't go quite as I expected. Nevertheless I felt a lot better this morning than I have for a few weeks.

Mr lulu and I headed to SWEAT at the park and after a quick warm up and stretch Cindy had us belting through the woods around Centennial Park. I wasn't pushing it too hard but just stretching the legs out before Sunday's race. It was lovely to have Kit back with us after injury and holiday and she will soon be back to her pre injury form. The others all left me in their wake going up the hill and I had the pleasure of Mr lulu and Don Juan's company on the last stretch of the hill to keep me going, whilst they chatted away to each other over my puffing billy impression in between them.

Mr lulu is still nursing his achilles which is much improved but still twinges and so we both did the short version of the course this morning. No guilt on my part; that's what I was instructed to do on my programme! 7kms with an average pace of 6.23 which is OK for not really pushing it, particularly on the recoveries.

That's the last real run before Sunday with just a couple of short easy runs tomorrow and Saturday just to keep the legs moving. I find this works better for me than resting completely.

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck for Sunday. Don't forget the reports: race & BBQ.

Yeh, rest days are for wimps too.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Perfect lead up to Sunday! I agree resting completly and you will tighten up like a spring! Just keep the legs moving and eat well after each run and you will be busting to get to the start line!! Have a blast and do not worry about times... a pb will be a bonus if it happens :-)
I will think good thoughts from Sydney!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like you are all set for Sunday then.

I'm a whimp I loooooove pre-event rest days ;-)

Have a great race lulu :-)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Ir a la cama a las 8.30 que maravilla, espero que hayas hecho la llamada acostada.
Buena suerte para el domingo, disfruta mucho el evento. Estoy tan celosa de todos ustedes los australianos con tantos eventos. En la ciudad de Mexico hay algunos, pero aqui... ay!!!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for sunday Lulu - have a good one and I look forward to reading about it!!!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Wishing you well for your race in Mexico on Sunday Lulu. Fingers crossed that you can drag out that PB !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home