Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Two day update

Monday 12th December

I decided to take a few days off running to see if some of my niggles would settle down and to try and recoup some energy. I had a massage on Sunday and spent most of the weekend trying to and sleeping. The extra sleep seemed to help with feeling less tired and I was up at 5.30 to do a short run before heading to Brisbane for the day. I decided as it was a short run that I'd do some hills so I headed down to Clovelly and then down to Bronte and up Bronte hill. Legs felt ok and I tried to keep the pace up on the hills. Had to stop and walk up Bronte hill for a few minutes when I had one of my strange dizzy spells which I haven't had while running for a while. It passed pretty quickly and I made it to the top of Bronte hill, although my right knee was complaining a bit at this point. About 30 mins and 4.5km. A few niggles there, particularly the right knee so I think I'm going to have to go back to my original plan of doing some cross training for a few weeks to try and build up the muscles around the knee and let the tendon recover a bit. As this is what the physio told me to do I suppose I should do as I'm told!

Tuesday 13th December
A few busy days ahead and so I decided to miss SWEAT this morning as it means a slightly later start to the day. I was out the door by 6 and headed down to Centennial park. I decided to do the session I missed on Saturday; 1 hr with 30 mins hard in the middle. I did 15 mins and then started picking up the pace. This harder section started at the bottom of the York Road hill and then I had some flat and downhill sections before flat and slightly uphill. I managed to keep a reasonable pace through the 3o mins hard but was very glad when the 30 mins was up. I walked for a few minutes and then ran back up the hill to home.

I'm definitely missing some stamina as keeping up any sort of pace over any distance seems to be very taxing at the moment. Mr lulu assures me it will come back soon. I think it's probably connected to my lack of energy generally, and I have made an appointment to see the Owl's Dr Ludka, unfortunately not until Jan as she can't fit me in before then.

I'm going to try and squeeze in a Pilates class later on between meetings and getting ready for a training session tomorrow.

11 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see that you are running though lulu.

Take some extra Vit B complex, can't hurt :-)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Katie said...

You might be a bit worn down! Nothing that some sleep and good food wont fix. I find floradix (natural supplement) really can help... full of natural iron and vitamin B.
I missed you this morning :-)

Take care of yourself!!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

You seem to have been doing lots of travelling lately Lulu. Maybe that's one of the reasons you are feeling so tired, I know it would be affecting me for sure.

One of these days you'll have to stay in Brissie long enough for us to at least catch up for coffee.

Take care.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Mr Lulu is right. The endurance will come back after a break.

For multivitamins, Cab savignon works for me. Got everything I need, sometimes eat dinner on the side.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger miners said...

Hope the pilates class helped you this afternoon lulu - niggles can be hard to shake, but yes - you're probably right to stick reasonably closely to what the physio thinks is right for you.

And thanks for all the positive vibes you were obviously sending me by proxy on Sunday! They carried me right over those hills like I was floating!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Keep putting in the yards Lulu, it will pay off. Be patient and keep chipping away.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I think Royworlds could have a year off and switch it back on.

I like the SMC 5km option too, just go for speed.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was just thinking as I read your blog about dizzy spell that it sounded familiar! Good luck with Dr Ludka. I don't know if the magic pills are working or not for me but I had one day where I missed them in Dublin and the next day I was breathless walking upstairs! I don't seem to have had any jet-lag either so maybe they are working better than I think :-)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Look after yourself Lulu and be patient. The answer to all will come>

TA

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Take it easy - it might be your body telling you (none too subtly!) that you need a break!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Es dificil dejar de correr, asi que si pudiste hacerlo es porque realmente lo necesitabas. Seguro que ahora estaras corriendo mucho mejor y disfrutandolo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home