Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another catch up post!

After trying Dr DJ perscription of Cab Sav for Vitamin B I found myself unable to get out of bed for Thursday's SWEAT session.. perhaps I used to much! Instead I went to the gym and did Pilates later in the day.

On Friday I did at least manage to do a 40 minute run, heading down to the park and back home, bumping into the good Dr DJ who was out doing his long run so he can do a race on Sunday. It was pretty humid and I was pretty slow ( nothing new there of course!)

On Friday afternoon I went to the gym and had an appointment with one of the instructors who has given me a programme of weights that I can follow which will help strengthen my medialis muscle which should then help with my knee issues. After Sunday's race I am going to have a couple of weeks off running to let my niggles recover and to attempt to fix my right knee. The programme also includes doing a lot of Spin classes to maintain my cardio fitness and again to strengthen the muscles around the knee. Hopefully after a few weeks of that will allow me to build up the running again ready early next year.

So I'm going to just do the 5km race on Sunday and see how I get on and that will give me a 5km time as I haven't done one for ages, and something to beat next year.

5 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Lulu and don't stress too much about tomorrow. It's your last race for 2005; relax and enjoy it - and then you can tell me our much fun it was over a glass of vino at lunch tomorrow. That way I can get my runners-high vicariously through you :-)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I found spin classes to be so useful for running. I haven't done one for a couple of years but back when I did I could sure feel the difference, especially when it came to running hills.

Good luck in the 5k Lulu!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Getting the optimal amount of vitamin B from cab sav is very tricky. It's hard to read the label after a couple of doses, or bottles.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Shane said...

It's a good time of year with the heat and festive vibe to slow down and recover from those niggling injuries. Spin classes are great but you still have to be careful as some of the activities put alot of strain on your knees.

Good luck and enjoy your last 5k for the year, the best times are usually achieved when there is no pressure.

Oh yeah the Shane household is in for some nerve racking yet exciting
times. Definently some steep learning curves will be encountered next year.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

best of luck for tomorrow's race. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home