Friday, December 30, 2005

Back to the gym II

After doing nothing yesterday apart from meeting Don Juan, Jen-runs and Mr lulu for a coffee at the Lindt cafe I managed to get myself motivated to get up early and head to the gym.

I was in a much better frame of mind for the gym today and did 65mins of cardio first. 45 mins on the elliptical runner, including 5 mins in reverse and then 20 mins on the bike.

I then did my weights programme and I'm starting to get back into weight training after a few years of not doing weights at all.

Chest press
Low row
Leg press
Leg extension
Shoulder press
Tricep pull downs
Assisted chin-up
Lunges

Felt pretty good afterwards and I'm definitely seeing some strength in my VMO and glute so I'm looking forward to a NY's day run.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Go the weights!

I'm glad to hear that all your strengthening exercises have paid of.

Enjoy your run on NYD; I know you will!

Wishing you and WTR all the very best for 2006 - it is going to be a fantastic year!!

Jxx

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Happy anniversary for Wednesday!! By the way, did you have dessert?!

I must motivate myself to go to the gym tomorrow - hopefully it will be cooler there than it will be at home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home