Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas spinning and gyming!

Friday 23rd of Dec

I debated with myself on whether I'd go to the gym but Mr lulu told me I'd feel better than lying in bed, even though I was tired from the trek to Bordertown and back. He was right of course!

It wasn't with much enthusiasm that I did my weights programme but I did most of it.
Chest press
Leg press
Leg extensions
Shoulder press
Tricep press
Assisted chin-up
Lunges

I then did a Pilates mat class which was quite challenging as I haven't done one for a few weeks. My abs told me about it quite quickly.

The rest of the day was spent shopping, cooking and trying to catch up on things. Sadly this meant I didn't make it to CR drinks which I was looking forward to but by the end of the day I couldn't face going into the city. Instead Mr lulu cooked me dinner and I collapsed in front of the TV.

Christmas Eve
Up early to pick up my Ocean Trout which I'm poaching for this evening's family dinner and another one for tomorrow. Once I'd done that and made the summer pudding for tomorrow's dessert I caught the bus up to BJ and to the gym

I did an 55 min spin class which really made my quads burn. I only had one point where I felt it was putting too much pressure on my knee today and so I turned the resistance down and that was on a long hill climb. Hopefully this is a good sign that I'm already getting a bit stronger around my knee.

This plan had better work as I'm really missing my running. I didn't think I'd ever say that but here I am wishing I could go for a run. So is Mr lulu who is still trying to fix his niggles. He's probably going to join the gym as well which will be very good as it will be fun to work out together. Spin is a good substitute for running but nothing gives you the buzz of a good run! I'll have to remember that the next time I'm being a whinging pom!

Happy Christmas everyone and I hope 2006 brings you everything you wish for, especially my running buddy Jen_runsalotin2006!

5 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thank you lovely; that is very sweet :-)

I'm glad to hear that your knee is improving. Keep up the spin classes and you will probably be stronger on your return to running. Trust me ;-)

Wishing you and Mr Lulu a merry, safe and wonderful Christmas !

Jxx

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I can relate to the Christmas spin but it has nothing to do with exercise.

Have a great Christmas Lulu - stay safe and enjoy :-)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Ocean trout is one of my favourites.

Wishing you and Mr Lulu a Merry Christmas, and a healthy new year.

I'm off work next week and there's an early rumour of Lindt around.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Hope you had a lovely day! Poached trout and summer pudding - Yum!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I hope you had a great Christmas.

I started a one month gym membership near home which will last me while on my holidays. It includes the pool as well so in theory I should be able to do my weights/ab sessions then do a few lasp in the pool. In theory....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home