Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back to the gym

A lovely two days spent cooking, eating and generally lounging around the house with the only activity being cooking and a short walk on Christmas Evening I decided it was back to the gym today.

A short 20 mins on the elliptical trainer plus 2 mins going backwards and then into a Pilates GRC class. At least I feel slightly better now and am working on dislodging the Christmas fare that seems to have settled!! It's amazing how quickly I put on weight when I don't run and I have been trying to moderate my eating. I'm intending on a long cardio session at the gym tomorrow in an attempt to replicate a long run. We'll see how long I last as it's likely I'll get bored fairly quickly.

Knee update : not convinced it's really getting any better but will see what it's like by the end of the week. Will have to go back to the physio after that and see what he says. I'm hoping to start doing a couple of runs the next week. Other niggles have benefited from the rest from running though which is good news.

Mr lulu tried a 30 min run today with no ill effects so here's hoping 2006 will be a better year for him running wise, which was a bit of a shocker where he probably only ran for about 6 months.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I am glad to hear your back into it! Bummer about the knee... they take a while to settle though. I know what you mean about weight and not running! I always forget I do not need to eat as much when I am not running... a bit of a shock as the pants get tight :-0

I hope you had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to you!!!
I am with you here's to a great 2006!!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to get rid of the niggles for the new year. Good to read Mr Lulu will be firing soon too.

If none of my christmas fare passed through, I'd be full of sh*t, imagine that!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Good for you getting into the Gym Lulu! I hope that pesky knee of yours settles down quickly.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I hope that knee settles down quickly for you Lulu!

Good to see that you are back into it.. 2006 is going to be a great year for all of us !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home