Friday, January 20, 2006

More pool work

Back to the pool this morning for another 1hrs workout.

Standard warm up
Stretches
Strength exercise
5 mins warm up run
10 mins hard intervals broken up with either the arm exercises or plyometric jump thingies!
( Just for you DJ I'll tell you what they are. Plyometrics helps develop more explosive strength so it's like doing a star jump but going in and out really quickly and landing where you started. There are a few variations; legs back and forward; out to the side; high knees.)
More stretching
New exercise doing one leg squats which is hard in the water, on the stairs and I kept falling over much to the amusement of the geriatrics who were pottering about in the pool. I feel sorry for them actually as they have a nice time gently doing their exercises and then I arrive and start running in the middle of them, causing lots of waves and bobbling them all about. Aqua Satan says it's good for them as it challenges their balance and stability more but some of them don't look very happy about it when I arrive!

I didn't manage a trip to the gym yesterday and I've got a lunch on today so depending on how much wine is consumed will depend on whether I make it or not.

Knee feels better today than it did before I ran which is a good sign I hope. I'm allowed another short run this weekend. Yippee!

7 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Excellent news about your knee Lulu. Aqua-Satan certainly seems to be working for you.

Have a fabulous weekend !

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Keep playing all that pool and we will have to start calling you Fast Eddie!

Good news on the knee :-)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great effort Lulu! I had a good laugh visualising you in the pool with a bunch of oldies!! Have a good run!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Glad your knee is feeling better! :)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good news on the knee. I knew it would come good from that poliomyelitis thingamajig starjumper-arama routine. I'm a believer.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

No hice mis saltos esta semana, pero no quiero dejar de hacerlos, creo que sirven mucho!
Que bueno que la rodilla esta mejor!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Ha ha Lulu, you are probably the talk of the old people's home :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home