Friday, January 13, 2006

Intervals in the pool

I dragged myself out of bed and down to the hydro pool this morning for another session with aqua-satan. Another predominantly water running programme today.

5 mins warm-up
Stretches
5 mins running warm-up
5 x 1.30 hard 30 secs rest
2 mins rest
5 x1.30 hard 30 secs rest
Strength exercises
Stretches

I was in the pool for about 70 mins in total and felt like I'd had a good workout when I'd finished. Doing intervals in the pool really gets your heart rate up.

I'm allowed to do a run at the weekend ; yippee! A short one on grass but I'll take it! Also planning on some pilates and some water running so a good weekend ahead.

9 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger miners said...

Best of luck with the short grass run lulu. The fingers and toes are crossed up here.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Everything is crossed!!!!

We all miss Lulu!!!!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Looks like SWEAT in the sea.
70 minutes! You'll be water-polo player material soon.

Is Mr Lulu allowed back to SWEAT before you?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Well done Lulu; sounds like a really tough session. Good luck with your run on the weekend. All my pieces are crossed for you!

I'm certainly keen to try water running though I want to make sure that my hip has settled down first

Jxx

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Good luck Lulu, any run is a good one. I prefer grass running it gives me a better workout, much better for the pegs aswell.

You have this water running under control, 70 min session is a tough one, well done.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Demasiado para mi en la piscina.
Que tenaces son los australianos!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Horrie said...

Great news that you are allowed to run again Lulu. Take it nice and easy and just build up slowly and you will be back to where you were in no time.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Ran through Bronte this morning looking for you and Mr Lulu on the road but a bit hot and sweaty to drop in.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keep to the grass, Lulu; hope you finish the run feeling 100%. Great pool work too; that sort of workout has to be keeping your fitness level up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home