Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Back to some exercise

After feeling decidedly unmotivated the last two days and failing to get out of bed in time to go running this morning I gave my self a stern talking to and headed to the gym for Pilates at lunchtime and then slipped off at 4.30 to go home so I could go for a run. It's unusual for me to go running in the afternoon but I couldn't go three days without doing some exercise!

I drove down to Centennial Park and did one lap of the inside and then a loop around the lake for a total of 5.5km. I had a few twinges from the knee and quite a sharp pain when I stopped which I haven't felt for a few weeks so it's probably a good thing I'm going back to Aqua Satan in the morning. Generally I've felt that it has been getting better and maybe I just tried to do a little too much after slacking off for a few days. Who knows with these bloody injuries, alright one day, stuffed the next!! It was hard work with the humidity even though it was relatively cool and I felt like I was labouring around the park rather than running, but it's better than nothing!

Week 4 plan
Now I've actually started to do some exercise I'll try and keep it up for the rest of the week!
Tues GRC and run Done
Weds Aqua Satan am and Spin and weights pm
Thurs Run (hopefully) am and a night out with the Evil Twin Sister
Friday Aqua Satan am and Pilates pm
Saturday Pilates am and water running pm

Weight loss last week 0 (total 2kgs).. On the bright side it didn't go up!

Now lets see if I can stick to it this week otherwise I'll have to get 'cold' DJ to give me a good talking to.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Stick with it lulu - we can't have that tyrant DJ on your case ;-)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Comebacks are usually hard work.

I've been in hot form, or rather, 'cold' form lately. Gronk has stopped commenting and playing with fire too.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

That pesky knee just needs a stern talking to - maybe you could ask DJ?

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Keep it up Lulu! YOu will get there! I love those spin classes.... a bit addictive :-)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger miners said...

gee - what's with everyone starting up this afternoon running? All playgroupers lately too ...

Glad you've made the start back though lulu. Baby steps, baby steps

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Have you seen Ludka again? I'm hoping her cocktails give me some energy back.

TA (suebruce@exemail.com.au)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home