Sunday, January 29, 2006

Howlong?

Yes, Howlong is the name of the small town on the NSW-VIC border that Mr lulu's father lives in. I'm relieved to be back home after a week of travelling and spending time with the in-laws. I know most people have trouble with the mother in law but I have more trouble with the father in law. He's a somewhat troubled character and it's a miracle that Mr lulu has turned out to be the well balanced person he is; must have been because he was out running all the time :)

I must confess to being a tad slack this week; another week of not doing all the exercise I set myself. My self discipline seems to be slipping and I'll have to give myself a stern talking to this week.

Thursday
It was so hot on Australia Day down in Howlong that when we arrived I decided to check on the pool in town and then stay in the air con. Well we walked to the pool which had the most irratic opening hours and it wasn't open. Back to the house where I confess I stayed all day.

Friday
The pool opened at 6.30 and so Mr lulu walked up with me and then set off on a very successful 10km run (47 mins) and I did a Aqua Satan type workout. The pool was probably about 20 metres and only deep enough for about 2/3 of it so I just made it up as I went along. Did about 35 mins workout. The pool didn't seem to have many actual swimmers in it. A few ladies were standing around chatting and making a lame attempt at some exercise. They seemed quite fascinated by me and my flotation belt and I had a bit of a chat with them.

You can't do anything in a small town without being noticed and when Mr lulu arrived back at the pool to collect me the ladies in question told him I had already left. Very observant of them to notice him dropping me off in the first place!

Saturday
A run at last! My knee recovered quite well from the Bordertown run and but the humidity even at 6.45 in Howlong was quite oppressive. I don't know how the Queenslanders do it! In the end I did about 4.45 km with Mr lulu keeping me company. We ran up to the oval and then did 4 laps of the oval alternating one lap easy, one lap hard, and it certainly was hard.

Sunday
I lazed in bed reading my book 'The Red Queen' by Margaret Drabble and Mr lulu did the running today: 14kms and he is feeling like his niggles are all gone and his condition is returning. I didn't like to ask what condition that was :) I thought about doing some exercise but that was as far as it went by the time we got back to Sydney, did the shopping and other chores to get ourselves ready for the week. Next week I will be better behaved I promise!

Can't update weight today as I didn't weigh myself this morning. I'll be surprised if I've lost anything as all the travelling I've done this week has made it a bit more difficult to keep to my programme.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wow stories of the out-laws and the badlands - you live an exciting life lulu - glad Mr lulu's niggles have left - hopefully yours will go and join them ;-)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome back Lulu!

It's always hard to stay disciplined when travelling so much so don't be hard on yourself. Just get back on the wagon this week.

Very happy to hear that Mr Lulu's niggles have left him. Maybe we can send ours to keep his niggles company !

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Welcome back. You make a splash where ever you go.

Maybe Mr lulu Senior can move into the spare room at home. Won't have to travel so far to visit.

Kit tagged you I think, and me, and I haven't done anything yet.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice to see your running an land rather than in water Lulu. Take it easy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home